Space Exploration, Commerce and Stewardship
Join us for a morning dedicated to exploring the opportunities in space.
Morning demonstration session:
Canada’s Trade Commissioner Service and its Canadian Space Agency have partnered with ASU’s Milo Space Science Institute to help advance Canada’s space supply chain. Teams have entered Canada’s first space payload accelerator in the U.S., representing academia and industry. Each team has developed a prototype addressing Artemis Science Objectives and has refined their business models to improve market position and resilience. The collaboration demonstrates innovative ways to support space science and industrial development while empowering solvers to address the challenges for people on planet Earth.
Demonstrations will be followed by a panel discussion on space exploration, commerce and stewardship providing critical industry outlooks for our future in space.
Meet and network with prominent experts who will be discussing emerging topics in space security and defense, commercial space expansion, policy considerations, and how California and Arizona organizations can partner for maximum impact.
Sally C. Morton, executive vice president, ASU Knowledge Enterprise.
- Cady Coleman, global explorer-in-residence, School of Earth and Space Exploration
- Garrett Reisman, professor of astronautical engineering at USC, former NASA astronaut, former SpaceX director of space operations
Greg Autry, clinical professor of space leadership, policy and business in the Thunderbird School of Global Management and an affiliate professor with the Interplanetary Initiative
- Timi Aganaba, professor of space and society in the School for the Future of Innovation in Society
Jim Bell, professor, School of Earth and Space Exploration and director, Space Technology and Science (NewSpace) Initiative.Josh Brost, vice president of business development at Relativity Space
- Lon Levin, vice president of new ventures at Lockheed Martin Space
- Rosaly Lopes, directorate scientist for the Planetary Science Directorate and a senior research scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Demos: 9–10 a.m.
Panel: 10–11:30 a.m.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.